EVENT & REGISTRATION INFORMATION
*A DEPOSIT WILL BE REQUIRED TO SECURE YOUR TEAM’S PLACE!
Each team can have a minimum of 5 in-field players and a maximum of 7 substitute players.
NOTE: The names of players aren’t required until 21 days prior to the event – and then can be changed up to 1 week before the tournament – must be registered and signed off before a player is eligible to compete under Beach Rugby Australia insurance terms.
Secure your team’s spot NOW in this year’s Beach Rugby Festival with a payment of $200 deposit for Premier Beach 5s Open Men/Premier Beach 5s Open Women teams, $150 deposit for Mens Social Beach 5s & Men/Women Colts Beach 5s team and $100 for Youth Beach 5s teams. Once registration/deposit is received, we will contact you immediately with further details including our Event Schedule and details for payment of balance of registration.
* only a deposit is required to secure your team’s place. Balance is payable as per Team Type, with deposits non-refundable. Players names are not required until 21 days prior to the event.
For all teams, ages will be taken as per Rugby Australia’s guidelines. For clarity, this means the age the player is turning in the calendar year of play. For example, an U13s player is someone who is turning 13 in 2021 (born in 2008), U15s is someone turning 15 in 2021 (born in 2006). Beach Rugby will allow an U12 player to play up to U13 as per Rugby Australia’s eligible age grade guidelines, if agreed by a parent / caregiver.
Registration Fee Includes:
Beach Rugby games / insurance / team name listed on website (and sponsor if applicable) / free entry to all beach functions and live entertainment.
Team Players names are not required at registration. The deadline to provide names is three weeks (21 days) prior to the event, and we will send reminders about this.
Beach 5s Rugby Australia Festival – Beach Stadium:
CELEBRATE – PLAY – PARTY (ON BEACH)
We welcome players and guests to relax and visit our fully licenced beach bar / lounge, live entertainment / daily after match beach party / food and beverages – it’s our social event of the year.
The official matches are referred by qualified referees. This is in line by EBRA (European Beach Rugby Association) requirements.
Beach Rugby with five players (Beach Fives) is a straightforward and easy-to-understand contact sport. The game rules are clear and specially devised to make everything revolve around speed and excitement. Beach Rugby (Beach Fives Rugby) is gaining more and more popularity among players as well as spectators. For rules follow this link.
TEAM PLAYING UNIFORMS:
All players shall wear tear-resistant team uniforms – we encourage players to wear the same kit, with player’s numbers on the back. Beach Rugby is played without footwear, although you can wear protective socks if you like.
Players are required to wear mouthguards.
Beach Rugby Australia will have some team bibs available, should there be colour issues at the start of each match – this will be governed by the match officials.
RESTRICTION OF ALCOHOL:
We ask your understanding that it is not acceptable to bring your own alcoholic beverages to the beach stadium during the event. Consuming your own alcoholic beverages in the stadium is not allowed during the entire tournament. The organization is entitled to confiscate all alcoholic beverages people have brought with them.
There will be a full tournament programme and side events shared as we get closer to the tournament! We will post the final schedule and draw once all registrations are complete.
Follow us on Facebook and Instagram to get the latest details!
Visitors are entering the Beach Rugby Australia Festival premises free of charge and attending the matches at their own risk. The organization and its partners are not responsible for damage to visitors’ property.
Complete the form below please!
- Dates may be subject to change. Players who book accommodation should book flexible options where possible. Beach Rugby Australia is not liable for any costs incurred due to changing or cancellation of events.
- Beach Rugby Australia cannot guarantee that all divisions at all events will be run. Due to circumstances beyond our control, teams do pull out at the last minute. While Beach Rugby runs an active reserve list and we try to work with all participants to come up with viable solutions, we cannot be held responsible for having to merge divisions or cancel divisions at the last minute due to pull-outs. In such instances, we do provide refunds where we cannot run an event. However, Beach Rugby Australia is not liable for any apparel or accommodation costs.
- It is the responsibility of team managers and coaches to:
- ensure that ALL dispensations are received by the cut-off date, with no exceptions
- ensure that players are playing within the age / height / weight rules published by Rugby Australia
- ensure that no more than 12 players are part of the playing squad
Any deviations from these rules, along with the Rules set out in our Tournament Handbook, will be deal with severely by the judiciary committee. Beach 5s is all about fun and participation – competition is great, cheating is not and hurts our events and brand.
*AON insurance is only valid for AU participants – NZ participants will be covered by the National ACC scheme